Ready to take the next step?
Please review the below information before beginning your adoption application. We look forward to helping you find your forever friend!
Before You Apply
Please review the below resources in order to fully understand our animal shelter’s adoption process.
How our Adoption Process Works
Frequently Asked Questions
Age Guidelines for Adopting
Criteria You Must Meet
In order to be considered for an adoption you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have identification showing your present address.
- Have the consent of all adults living in the household.
- Own your own home, or have the landlord’s consent to have a pet.
Information You’ll Need to Apply
The following information is required so that we can assist you in the selection of a new family member. Allow about 30 minutes to complete the application and please have the following information handy:
- Name of pet you’re interested in adopting (if applicable).
- Contact information for your current/past vets.
- Contact information for 3 references.
- Contact information for your landlord if you are renting.
- Details (e.g., age, breed, etc.) for all pets currently living in the household.
Your driver’s license will be required at the time of adoption.
Please complete all questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Completion of this application does not guarantee the adoption of an animal in our care.