Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Animal League! Animal shelter volunteers play critical roles in helping us save even more cats and dogs.
Please note we are located in Groveland, FL (find us on the map).
1. Student Service Hours
Thank you for thinking of The Animal League! We offer a flexible donation drive option for students who wish to complete their volunteer service hours with us. More information ->
2. Group volunteerism
We have organized many different group volunteer days and events on and off our Adoption Center campus throughout the years. Please complete the event form if you would like to organize a student or adult group: volunteer day, fundraiser, event benefiting The Animal League, or donation drive.
3. Court Ordered Community Service
We currently do not offer court ordered community service opportunities.
4. Adult Volunteers
Volunteer opportunities are available in many different areas for adults who wish to volunteer 2-4 hours weekly with The Animal League. The first step is to complete our online Volunteer Application. Once we receive it our Volunteer Coordinator will email you with further instructions. If you are interested in fostering kittens, cats, puppies, or dogs, please check the appropriate box on the volunteer application as we are currently in need of foster homes for puppies and kittens too young to be housed in the adoption center and pets with special needs.
Volunteers are the soul of our organization, and we are happy you are considering joining our family! Help make a real difference to end the plight of homeless pets. All volunteers are required to attend volunteer training prior to beginning their volunteer service. Volunteer Orientation is ongoing. Why volunteer for The Animal League? You'll meet a lot of friendly animal-loving people, it's fun, and most importantly, you're helping the animals! But don't take it from us, here's what one volunteer, Stephanie, had to say when we interviewed her.
Volunteer Interview - Stephanie
- How long have you been volunteering? I have been a volunteer with The Animal League since May of 2012.
- What do you do as a volunteer? Currently, I volunteer at Petco as a Cat Care Attendant and completer of Adoptions, assist in the organization of our volunteers at this site under the Volgistics program and online via our Facebook page, short term kitten foster, and participation in Adoption Events (including the organization of the Petco kitty days). Previously, I volunteered at the adoption center in the cat cottage, and did long-term fostering of cats and kittens.
- What's the best part of volunteering at The Animal League? The best parts of volunteering is the connection I have with other amazing volunteers within the organization, perpetuating the league's no-kill mission, and a connection to our local community. Oh, and LOTS of kitty cuddling!
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
ADOPTION CENTER OFFICE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Adoption counselors
ADOPTION CENTER ANIMAL HANDLING AND CARE
- Dog walker
- Dog kennel cleaning assistant
- Dog kennel attendant
- Cat cottage attendant
- Pregnant moms or moms with litters
- Abandoned litters
- "Fospice" animals (senior animals requiring longer-term foster care)
- Special needs animals
- Petco adoption events
- Tractor Supply adoption events
- Signature events and special events
SPECIALTY VOLUNTEER GROUPS
- Team Animal League Sewing Bee
- Team Animal League Dog Day Out adventure team
- Team Woof transport team
- Operation Outreach
- Pet promotion
- Humane Education
- Lake Rescuers Unite
PUBLIC RELATIONS AND MARKETING
- Pawprints and E-News
- Facility caretaker assistant and grounds improvement
- Legal counsel
Complete a volunteer application today!