We’re Glad You Stopped In
The mission of The Animal League is to reduce and prevent animal abuse, neglect and homelessness in our community and beyond.
Love animals? Join Our Team and Save Lives.
If you see a job you like, please complete the online form and upload a resume to apply for a position.
Animal Care/ kennel Technician
Monitor and access the health status of each animal in work area. Report any concerns regarding physical or mental health status of any animal to Med Room Technician. Administer medications as instructed. Assist med room staff as needed. Monitor emotional and psychological health of the animals by providing enrichment, playtime, exercise, etc. Clean and sanitize inside and outside kennels, outdoor runs, quarantine and isolation units, and common areas such as our lobby and restroom. Facilitate adoption meet-and-greets by bringing out The Animal League adoptable dogs and monitoring interaction with potential adopters’ dogs for signs of aggression. This position combines the PHYSICAL aspects of the sanitation position with the ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND PRECISION required for Animal Care.
• ability to follow very specific protocols; particularly regarding disease cross-contamination
• assist with new animal intakes as requested, including initial health assessments
• filling out daily assessments with specific notes on each animal regarding both physical and emotional health observations
• effective time management skills, punctuality, excellent attendance is expected
• ability to mentor and assist in training of new staff members
• Operations supervisor, or the shelter manager if no operations supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- minimum one year of animal care experience
Required Licenses or Certifications
- valid Driver’s License
• ability to work on feet up to 10+ hour shifts
• ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• ability to repeatedly bend, squat, stretch, lift
• ability to work in all weather conditions and high heat/humidity indoors and outdoors
• ability and willingness to work with cats and dogs of all breeds, sizes, and temperaments
• work will require the use of bleach and other sanitizing chemicals
• work will be around animals that may bite, scratch, or carry disease
• time will be spent with/around dogs and cats of all sizes and breeds
• work will be indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
• job is physically demanding and requires stamina and attention to detail
• work will occasionally involve cases of animal abuse or neglect and other emotionally challenging situations
Please complete the online form and upload a resume to apply for a position.