Calling all Compassionate Kids!
The Animal League has designed the Junior League program for children ages 8-14 looking to make a difference in homeless pets’ lives. We customize this program to include fun, hands-on experiences in a safe setting. Our Humane Education Team will give kids a brief overview of animal compassion and knowledge of pet responsibility, and the role and services we provide to the community. Then children will participate in projects such as making enrichment treats for dogs and cats, organizing adoption take-home packets, making no-sew blankets for our Blanket Sponsorship program, and MORE! Sessions take place at our Adoption Center located at 4648 Baptist Island Road in Groveland.
Sign up for our 2017 session still available:
- Sunday, October 15th from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- This program is designed for children ages 8-14 and only children participating in the program can attend. Please make arrangements for your other children before attending the class.
- A parent, legal guardian or responsible party over the age of 18 is required to stay with their child throughout the entire duration of the program and your participation will also be encouraged. No drop offs allowed.
- If your child has special needs, please email Joanne to discuss. Some of our projects take place outdoors where wheelchair access is not possible.
- Fee per child is $20 and includes a Junior League t-shirt. You will be asked to pay for each item separately ($10 for the class and $10 for the t-shirt).
- The fee must be paid at time of registration and/or received one week before class. Checks can be mailed to: The Animal League, c/o Junior League, P.O. Box 121504, Clermont, FL 34712.
- There are no refunds, however, should you need to cancel, we will gladly transfer your registration to the next available session. If you cannot attend the next session, we will be unable to provide further rescheduling or refunds. Please contact Joanne for any cancellations as soon as possible so that we can open up a spot for someone else who may be on the waiting list.
How to sign up: 1) Fill out the Registration Form and hit ‘submit’ and 2) Pay your $10 registration fee.
Step 1: Please fill out the form below to register your child.
Step 2: Session Fee
Please sign up for The Animal League eNewsletters so you can stay up-to-date on the next events!
The Junior League program is provided by the volunteers of The Animal League’s Humane Education department, dedicated to educating our young friends on the proper care of pets.