The Animal League is seeking motivated individuals to join our Board of Directors. Candidates must be committed to our mission, ready to take on a leadership position, and want to help direct a growing organization. We are seeking members who can actively engage in and guide efforts to shape and strengthen our programmatic direction, strategic vision, financial stability, and community presence. The ideal candidate is someone who can be an effective fundraiser for The Animal League (i.e. has a strong network of contacts that can be solicited for contributions, fundraising events, etc.). Individuals with experience in tech, human resources, legal, marketing or finance, and those with an entrepreneurial spirit, are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Considering The Animal League a philanthropic priority and making financial contributions that meet or exceed the organization’s “give/get”
• Representing The Animal League to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador for the organization
• Reviewing and, when necessary, updating the organization’s Strategic Plan; ensuring that operations are consistent with the goals and priorities outlined in the Strategic Plan
• Reviewing key performance indicators to evaluate impact and progress
• Approving The Animal League annual budget; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
• Taking on special assignments when necessary
What is Expected of The Animal League Board Members?
Board members are expected to, and not limited to:
• Commit to a three-year term, which can be renewed upon Board approval
• Participate in monthly in-person board meetings. Locations can alternate in the Lake County area
• Be an active participant in all meetings and take initiative
• Be an advocate for The Animal League and raise awareness for our work
• Make a financial commitment of at least $3,000 per year (give or get)
How Do I Apply?
Please submit the Prospective Board Member Application below. Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled as the need arises.