Thank you for your interest in saving a life by adopting an animal from The Animal League. The following information is required so that we can assist you in the selection of a new family member. The information you provide will be held in the utmost of confidence, and will only be used for the adoption process.
You may want to review our frequently asked questions prior to completing the adoption application.
Please: all questions must be answered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
In order to be considered for an adoption you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have identification showing your present address
- Have the consent of all adults living in the household
- Own your own home, or have the landlord’s consent to have a pet
Driver’s License number will be required at time of adoption
Completion of this application does not guarantee the adoption of an animal in our care
Allow about 20-30 minutes to complete the application and please have the following information handy:
- Name of pet you’re interested in adopting (if applicable).
- Contact information for your current/past vets.
- Contact information for 3 references.
- Contact information for your landlord if you are renting.
- Details (e.g., age, breed, etc.) for all pets currently living in the household.