Website The Animal League Adoption Center
A 501c(3) non-profit & no-kill rescue. Saving dogs & cats since 1988
The Animal League is currently seeking a Vet Technician Lead to join our team.
Are you looking for a rewarding, exciting job that truly makes a difference? We’d like to meet you! The Animal League is a 501c(3) non-profit and no-kill rescue. We’ve been rescuing abandoned, abused, and neglected dogs and cats since 1988. Each year, about 1,200 pets come through our doors. We are looking for a skilled, motivated, organized, and compassionate individual to help us bring these pets back to full health so that they can find loving, fur-ever homes.
A passion for rescue work is a MUST.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong leadership through competency, and encourage team members through leading by example.
- Be able to create an upbeat, positive environment.
- Be able to train other people, not only by example, but also able to convey constructive criticism effectively.
- Understand the employee manual and follow policies at all times.
- Be a team player and develop a cohesive, supportive team.
- Create and maintain a professional and respectful relationship with all levels of management.
- Be an experienced veterinary technician, proficient in collecting lab samples and critical care nursing.
- Have had previous experience in a supervisory role.
- Train new technicians and kennel staff.
- Maintain a strong line of communication with management concerning technician and kennel staff.
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss hospital and staff issues and ideas for increased efficiency and care.
- Take responsibility for cleanliness and organization of Medical Room.
- Performance coaching of technician staff.
- Ensure all medical charts are complete and accurate.
- Work with the adoption staff and supervisor to ensure smooth flow of daily appointments and all pet interactions.
- Follow and implement changes and policies as requested by management.
- Prepare technicians for rounds each morning, and afternoon shift changes.
- Work closely with the manager on inventory, ordering, and stocking.
- Communicate daily with Administrative Assistant to ensure database and records are up-to-date.
- Ensure that all animals on property receive the highest standard of care.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: 4648 Baptist Island Road, Groveland, FL, 34736
Required Experience: Working in the Veterinary field: 2 years
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Drivers License
- Live in the Groveland/Clermont area