The Animal League Adoption Center
Do you have a love of animals? Do you want to gain experience in a veterinary type setting?
- Care of cats and dogs
- Individualized attention to the animals to make them stay healthy and happy
- Keeping cages clean and sanitized
- Picking up after the animals
- Reporting on the animal’s condition to the Animal Care Team
- Anticipating the needs of the animals
The ideal candidate will be:
- Have basic mathematics skills
- Able to communicate well with others from diverse backgrounds and across the organization
- Able to work well independently or as part of a team
- Comfortable in handling animals on a daily basis
Kennel assistants will be working in a location where a large number of animals are being taken care of.
Since pets require 24-hour supervision, they are expected to work evenings, weekends, or holiday hours.
The job also requires a lot of physical activity, and kennel assistants are routinely exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Location: 4648 Baptist Island Rd., Groveland, FL 34736
Required Education: High school or equivalent
- Kennel cleaning: 2 years
- Working independantly and quickly: 2 years
- Animal-handling: 2 years
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Drivers License
- Personal Transportation