The Animal League Adoption Center
Love animals? Join our team and save lives!
The Animal League is a non-profit animal rescue that works to educate the public and to place pets into loving forever homes.
An animal care technician works one-on-one with animals.
An Animal Care Technician will:
- Monitor and maintain the health of animals under their care
- Update and maintain animal records
- Administer injections and medications under vet guidance
- Sterilize equipment
- Prepare laboratory samples
- Clean housing
- Since pets require 24-hour supervision, applicants must have open availability including nights, weekends, and holidays.
While animal lovers in particular gain satisfaction from contributing to animal health it should be noted that there are some dangers inherent in this type of work. Many aspects of this job may be physically taxing, emotionally stressful, and sometimes physically risky. Animal care technicians may have to move heavy objects such as cages or equipment and deal with distressed animals, which may them at risk for injuries, bites or scratches.
Job Type: Full-time and part-time positions available
Job Location: Groveland, FL
Required Education: High school or equivalent
- Animal medical care: 1 year
- Proper animal handling techniques: 1 year
- Knowledge of animal vaccinations and preventative medicine: 1 year
- Record keeping/documentation skills: 1 year
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Drivers License
- Own vehicle