The Animal League Adoption Center
Title: Animal Care Technician I
The ACT I is responsible for providing humane handling and care for all animals while assuring all animal’s needs are met on a daily basis. The position is required to assist the practitioners to the fullest extent possible, to help improve the quality of care given to the adoptable animals in the care of the The Animal League and to aid the practitioners in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail. This position will serve as a liaison between the attending veterinarian, other staff, and the client. They will provide caring, humane treatment to animals in a safe healthy environment. Job is physically demanding. MUST be reliable and dependable.
Job Type: Full-time shift
TWO POSITIONS OPEN:
day shift with one night: SUN, MON, TUE, THUR, 7am – 4pm and WED 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
night shift: SUN, MON, FRI, 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. and TUE, WED, 2 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Location: 4648 Baptist Island Rd., Groveland, FL 34736
Department: Animal Care
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- administering medication under supervision of veterinarian
- assessment of dogs and cats under veterinarian instruction
- feeding and sanitation of housing for animals
- assisting customers in meeting potential pets
- bathing pets
- detailed record keeping of pet health
- Veterinary/Animal Care Experience Preferred
- Animal care: 1 year
Required License or Certification:
- Drivers License
- High school or equivalent